Amazon Spark is a social content and product discovery experience designed to drive repeat customer engagement with Amazon. Content Ranking Engine (CRE) powers Spark to deliver personalized content that is timely, relevant and engaging. The vision of CRE is to be the Amazon wide Content Ranking Engine of Choice. In this position, you will be responsible for building the machine learning models that power Amazon Spark.
Come join us, in re-defining some of the core tenants of online shopping, at the earth’s most customer centric company!
Read more about Amazon Spark here: https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/18/amazon-launches-spark-a-shoppable-feed-of-stories-and-photos-aimed-at-prime-members/
• Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
In joining our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
· MTech in CS or Math, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. (PhD strongly preferred).
· 3+ years of industrial experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
· Strong Problem solving ability
· Good skills with Java or C++, Perl/Python (or similar scripting language)
· Experience in using R, Matlab, or any other statistical software
· Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· 5+ years of industrial experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
· Experience handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
· Experience working with retail or e-commerce data
· Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
get notified about new jobs